Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Language of Baklava Update--No we don't have a winner...yet!


cover
Well I have good news and I have bad news so I'll start with the bad. (It's not really bad unless you are utterly lacking in patience!). We don't have our Cook The Books winner quite yet and probably won't until next week. The good news? Our author, Diana Abu-Jaber, thought that everyone did such a great job and the choice is so difficult, she has requested a little more time to decide. Here is an excerpt from the email I received from her today:

"Wow-- I am SO impressed with the gorgeous blogs and dishes and images-- what an accomplished and gifted group of cooks and writers! I can see I'm going to have some serious trouble deliberating over this one. Do you think anyone in the group would mind if I also posted this link on my Facebook page and invited my friends to weigh in as well?"

I took the liberty of answering back for everyone and telling her it would be fine to get her friends and family involved. She's going to get back to us at the first of the week with her choice. How cool is it that Diana is so delighted with all the skill and passion that everyone put in their entries?!

In other exciting news Johanna will be popping by very soon with her choice for Book #3 and then Rachel and I will be following up after that and announcing Books 4 & 5. We thought it would be helpful to let you know what is coming up in order to allow everyone time to get the books since several people have had some struggles in obtaining them.

Happy reading, cooking and eating everyone! I'll be back soon to announce our Language of Baklava winner!

Aloha,
Deb

No comments: